EL 42 binoculars provide crystal-clear, comfortable viewing in almost every situation. They are brilliant and multipurpose, offering an unrivalled close-up setting of 1.5 m / 4.9 ft that you can rely on both during the day and at twilight. SWAROVISION technology helps achieve the highest optical quality, providing impressive image resolution across the whole field of view.
Magnification - 8.5x
Effective objective lens diameter (mm) - 42
Exit pupil diameter (mm) - 4.9
Exit pupil distance (eye relief) (mm) 20
Field of view (ft/1000 yds / m/1000 m) - 399 / 133
Field of view (degrees) - 7.6
Field of view for eyeglass wearers (degrees) - 7.6
• Field of view, apparent (degrees) - 60
• Shortest focusing distance (ft / m) - 4.9 / 1.5
• Dioptric compensation (dpt) - ± 5
• Diopter correction at ∞ (dpt) - 6
• Light transmission (%) - 90
• Pupil distance (in / mm) - 2.2-2.9 / 56-74
• Twilight factor acc. to DIN 58388 - 18.9
• Length approx. (in / mm)* - 6.3 / 160
• Width approx. (in / mm)** - 4.8 / 122
• Height approx. (in / mm)** - 2.4 / 61
• Weight approx. (oz / g) - 29.5 / 835
* Value with eyecups twisted in _
** Dimensions at a pupil distance of 2.5 in / 64 mm
|Info & Care
|Size & Fit
Order before the 17th November to guarantee your leather goods arrive in time for Christmas. For any orders placed after this date, please contact us for the current lead time.
Most leather goods are made to order, usually dispatched within 2 weeks.
Find out more about our delivery options
|Delivery Option||Standard (3-5 Days)|
|Explora Club Members
||Free on orders over £250/$300
|UK (excluding N.I.)
|Rest of World
*All shipments to EU are inclusive of sales tax & duties
Sign up to The Explora Club to receive 10% off your next purchase and complimentary delivery on orders over £250/$300.